Thursday, June 5, 2008

"We stand at the edge of a new frontier...


... the frontier of unfulfilled hopes and dreams."
I imagine my feelings about this blog are similar to the feelings John Kennedy (he seems so much more accessible without that middle initial) had when he was giving his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles.
That's probably where it ends, though. He goes on to talk about things like "peace and war... ignorance and prejudice... and unanswered questions of poverty and surplus."
I wish I had that kind of spare time.
You may not be aware of how hard it is to not start something like this with the typical lists of favorite bands, restaurants, sexual positions... but I'm determined (doggy style). And I promise, gentle reader, that I will not venture any further into off-color or raunchy filth. Besides, have you ever had a Denver Omelette at Doggy Style on Lincoln? I needed a smoke afterward.*
Anyway, I've been encouraged to blog by more than one person, so I've decided to give it a shot. I hate the word "blogging," but I'm going to set aside my prejudices and go boldly into our new frontier.
My goals for this blog are simple:
1) Entertain me.
2) Entertain you.

I must warn you that these two will not always coincide (see above), but some of the things I've typed so far have made Dr. Pepper spray from my nostrils. If you're not laughing yet, I apologize, but don't give up on me, as I hope that these posts get better as I become a more experienced "blogger."

I'm doing a lot of new things these days, so I've got lots of potential material. I'm sure the well will run dry at some point, but I'll try to get while the gettins' good.


*If your kid is reading this and getting these jokes, it's your fault.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy crap. This should be interesting.

Unknown said...

I hope that the likening of the start of your blog to JFK's nomination doesn't result in you also suffering his same fate in 3 1/2 years....

Amy and Andrew said...

Here we go... my hopes are high. And if, by any chance, you are ever lacking material, cast your eyes upon the opposite cubicle.

Jim L said...

I'm excited